Who says you need a physical copy in order to enjoy a good board game? We live in a modern age where everything is convenient – even with board games. Here are the best digital board games for mobile this 2020. For our top choice, we went for Pandemic. Check out the rest here below.
Best Digital Board Game for Mobile: Pandemic
- -Fully guided interactive tutorial; plus “Info Mode” for in-game reminders of the rules
- -Full rulebook included for easy access and detailed reference at all times
- -“Undo” system
- -Adaptive soundtrack
- -Interface designed and tested for ease-of-use
The award-winning board game for decades finally got its own video game version. You must lead a team of the most talented medical and rescue staff in the world to combat an infection that threatens the entirety of humanity. You will command a group of 7 professionals, each with their own unique skills and abilities for different fields. This teamwork-heavy game will test your strategic and analytic skills. Unlike the board game, you may choose for 5 difficulties and customize your start-up. You may begin the game with 2 epidemics, and up to 6 diseases at once. It is as hard and rewarding as its physical board game.
- convenient way to play Pandemic
- Customizable start-up
- Same challenging gameplay
- Harder difficulties seem imbalanced
- Online play is broken
- Somewhat harder than the physical edition
Best Relaxing Digital Board Game for Mobile: Tokaido
- Simple gameplay
- Beautiful art
- Relaxing musics
- Play Tokaido wherever and whenever you want
- Solo against the AI
Who thought that taking a walk would be so much fun? Filled with amazing landscapes and appetizing meals, Tokaido’s video game version is one of the best digital board games ever made. It respects its original physical version with the same art style and, of course, same game mechanics. It is also one of the most streamlined board games ever made, where the endgame only has you journeying through Japan and all its wonders.
- Great music
- Same art style as the physical game
- Very relaxing
- Does not offer much challenge
- May be too streamlined for some players
- Expansion DLC is expensive
Best Sandbox Digital Board Game for Mobile: Galaxy Truckers
- epic trucking campaign written by Vlaada
- online quick duel
- asynchronous or real-time online play
- multiplayer single-tablet pass-and-play
- 12 AI personalities for solo play
This funny board game got its reputation for its humor and great light-hearted cooperative gameplay. You and 3 other players work for an intergalactic space corp called Corporation Incorporated. You must assemble your space vehicle using the materials provided by your company. Your task is to deliver these materials to various plaents. It’s a crafting type game that feels quite like Spacebound with elements of old Star Trek board games. For its video game version, I’d say it’s not bad at all.
- Amazing presentation
- Same great gameplay
- Allows local multiplayer
- Online mode is messy
- Music is not too enticing
- Occasional bugs
Alternative Digital Board Games for Mobile
- Can you be the first merchant to collect a certain number of rubies?
- Run, collect and trade goods across the bazaar
- Take control over your assistants
- Increase your wheelbarrow capacity
- Acquire special abilities to increase the advantage over your competitors
- - Eight-Minute Empire digital board game adaptation - official rules plus extra additions
- - languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Chinese Traditional and Simplified, Russian
- - play with AI, with friends or both
- - pass and play mode
- - online multiplayer with synchronous and asynchronous modes
What Would I Buy?
Of course, all the games mentioned here are of different gameplay but if you want our recommendation of the best digital board game for mobile, we’d go with Pandemic simply because it does the same thing as its physical version – but more convenient. Then again, Tokaido and Galaxy Truckers are also good in their own ways. You may play them in your Android or iOS device as well as the PC.
Not every mobile board game is free. The only board game that are quite free are the Facebook edition Monopoly and Scrabble. But, for the games mentioned above, you will have to pay for a small price.
Yes, you can. These games have a provided offline version so you can play with friends locally.
In this list, you can play Pandemic and Galaxy Truckers online but they are a bit broken. A versus-type popular board game like Monopoly has easy access to online play.
That depends on your preference but if you prefer better graphics and bigger screen, go for PC. If you are always traveling, go with mobile.
You can download mobile games in either Steam or mobile stores like Apple App Store and Google Play Store.