There are a lot of miniature cases to choose from so that’s why we thoroughly researched on the most popular and best miniature cases according to long-time hobbyists. But for us, the best case for Citadel Skirmish. Read below for details.
Best Case for 40k Models: Citadel Skirmish
- The Citadel Figure Cases are the perfect way to transport and protect your Citadel miniatures. Containing one set of our revolutionary channel foam, the Citadel Skirmish Figure Case has been specially
Citadel is a well-known brand for anybody that plays and collects Games Workshop miniatures. This brand is also created by Games Workshop, giving you a variety of cases and trays that are specifically made for small infantries and large cavalries. Their most popular product is the Skirmish case which has over 60 slots for small units. This may seem little for many hobbyists but for those who just started with miniatures, the Skirmish is already good on its own. It measures 16.3 x 10.6 x 5.1″ and has 1 foam tray and 2 foam layers.
- The best carrying case
- Thick foam layers
- Very expensive
Best Value Case for 40k Models: Warhammer 40K Carry Case
If you choose to go with something lighter and easier to bring, the Warhammer 40K Carry Case should always come in handy. It is an officil carrying case from Games Workshop that not only is great for a small quanitity of models, but is also very affordable. The only problem with this bag is that it can only bring up to 20 miniatures at maximum.
- Official licensed Warhammer 40K merchandise
- Only good for starter kits
- Limited to 20 miniatures
- No extra slots
Best Premium Case for 40k Models: Citadel Crusade
- Perfect way to transport and protect your Citadel miniatures
- Contains one set of channel foam
- Fits almost any model
- The case is held closed by two clips at the top
For the hobbyist who has collected enough miniatures to lead a largescale army, the Citadel Crusade is what you should look for. It is the largest among the Citadel cases and it can store up to 320 miniatures, including infantry and large Heavy Support and Fast Attackers. It also has enough space to store sceneries and the whole design of the case looks really appealing.
- Up to 320 miniatures
- Great foam
Alternative Best Cases for 40k Models
- Feldherr MINI PLUS Bag for Warhammer 40.000: Kill Team ensures safe storage and transport of miniatures and game material
- The set consists of a MINI PLUS bag, 3 Half-Size foam trays with a total of 32 compartments of different sizes and the matching foam topper.
- Your models are always optimally protected against damage. Sensitive parts and colors of painted figures remain intact.
- CFC-free fine pored quality foam - Made in Germany - acid-free - chlorine-free
- This Set contains only Foam - No Game Box - No Miniatures - No Accessories - Just Foam! Models pictured are for size comparison only. They are the personal property of Feldherr company or employees.
What I Would Buy
For the right amount of miniature slots and great storage quality, the Citadel Skirmish is the best case for 40K models in this list. Although, if 60 models is still too much for you, we recommend getting the Warhammer 40K carry case as an alternative which holds up to 20 miniatures. But if you are going for large-scale storage, the best choice is the Citadel Crusade which can hold up to 320 miniatures and includes additional foam trays for larger miniatures and even sceneries.
A foam tray is the storage slot where you put your miniatures in. The hard case is the outer layer and covering for the foam tray. One hard case can store multiple foam trays.
If you have more than 60 miniatures, it is time to start buying a large carrying case in order to fit in all of your miniatures in one convenient box.
Yes you can. These carrying cases are designed to be universal for all other types of miniatures.
Yes you may. Others use Citadel cases for their Star Wars and Marvel miniatures too since the slots have universal sizes.
That depends on how many slots you need and how good the quality is. It can range from $20 up to $300.