Warhammer 40K is full of amazing character designs and detailed models. As such, you need equally aesthetic dice to make your game session more colorful. Here are the 3 best Warhammer 40K dice that suit best for you. As our top choice, the Warhammer 40,000 & Age of Sigmar Dice (12mm) is the most ideal option. Read below for more details.
Best Warhammer 40K Dice: Warhammer 40,000 & Age of Sigmar Dice (12mm)
- Contains 1 Cube of Warhammer Age of Sigmar Dice.
- Color of Dice is randomly selected from 1 of 6 colors: Red, White, Blue, Green, Black or Grey.
- Each cube contains 20 dice, each 12mm in size.
- Dice feature a skull in place of the "1".
This is an official product from Games Workshop themselves. There are 20 pieces of dice inside the container with its signature GW design from top to bottom. It feels incredible when you hold it and light to the touch. We also like the heavy skull symbol to represent the number one of the die. It is made of plastic and you can use the 12 mm dice for both 40K and Age of Sigmar game sessions.
- Detailed design
- Skull representing “1”
- Lots of dice in one package
- Limited supply
- GW doesn’t restock it fast
- More expensive than other dice
Best Premium Warhammer 40K Dice: Apocalypse Dice
If you like a more premium option over the WH Dice, there is another choice that suits perfectly with the game: the Apocalypse dice. This is also made by GW themselves but with the inclusion of twenty-five 12d and twenty-five 6d, giving you a total of 50 dice in one package. The best part about the dice is obviously the design which looks and feels very Warhammer-like. The explosive designs of both the 12d and 6d dice are pretty cool, giving more life to any game session.
- Cool designs
- Lots of dice
- Includes 12d
- You won’t be able to use all dice
- Limited supply
Best Value Warhammer 40K Dice: Chessex Dice D6 Sets
- Set of 36 Dice
- Store your dice in the included clear plastic display case
- 6-sided dice marked with traditional pips
Chessex is a crowd-favorite for three good reasons: awesome dice feel, fair rolls and low price. Not only is it inexpensive but it is also viable in any game beyond Warhammer games. The cheap price also makes it a great reason to buy a set of Chessex because they don’t just roll fairly but they also look quite stylish. It may not be as stylish as GW dice but it still provides enough aesthetic to any game session.
- Rolls fairly
- Has a “low quality” texture
- Metal dice users won’t like it
- Overlooked by AoS players
Alternative Warhammer 40K Dice
- all items are new and original packaged
- 40 six-sided pipped dice that are small enough to all roll in one hand
- 12mm size is perfect for rolling a whole horde, or just one really complex Shadowrun check
- The Blood & Oil set comes with two colors, 20 dice each: Blood Money, and Black Gold
- Black Gold is a swirled oily black with gold pips, and Blood Money is a vital red with silver flecks
- Each set comes in a flat-bottomed, self-standing battle bag.
What Would I Buy
If you are looking for the best Warhammer 40k dice, you have come to the right place. The official Warhammer dice is our top choice for obvious reasons but you can always vie for the Apocalypse dice if you prefer something more premium or the Chessex if you need a dice that is valuable yet affordable.
A plastic 6d dice will do for any Warhammer 40K game. If you wish to increase the difficulty, opt for 12d.
The average size of a proper Warhammer dice is 12mm – which is a standard for both 40K and Age of Sigmar.
Metal dice are more of a niche pick for Warhammer games but if you want to rack up the difficulty with lesser roll bounce, then metal dice is a good choice.
Not all dice for Warhammer are the same, at least for design choice. Some are light, some are dark. Some are heavy, while others are very light.
You are looking at the list of the best dice for WH 40K. If you want the most ideal pick, go for the official Games Workshop Warhammer dice.