We researched the top mice on the search for the best Overwatch mouse and narrowed it down it our top 5 mice for Overwatch. Whether you’re planning to get to the Grandmaster division or just playing for fun, we carefully reviewed each mouse to see what makes them great for the class-based shooter. Here is our list of what we consider the 5 top mice for Overwatch.
Best Overwatch Mice 2020:
- 1 Best Mouse for Overwatch: Razer DeathAdder Elite
- 2 Best Budget Overwatch Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1
- 3 Best Wireless Overwatch Mouse:Logitech G903
- 4 Best Wired Mouse for Overwatch:Logitech G Pro
- 5 Best Budget Wireless Mouse for Overwatch:Logitech G Pro Wireless
- 6 What Would We Buy?
Best Mouse for Overwatch: Razer DeathAdder Elite
- Focus+ 20K DPI Optical Sensor: Auto-calibrates across mouse mat and reduces cursor drift from lift-off and landing for industry-leading precision
- 3x Faster Than Traditional Mechanical Switches: New Razer optical mouse switches uses light beam-based actuation, registering button presses at the speed of light
- Immersive, Customizable Chroma RGB Lighting: Supports 16.8 million colors w/ included preset profiles; syncs with gameplay and Razer Chroma-enabled peripherals and Philips Hue products
- 8 Programmable Buttons: Allows for button remapping and assignment of complex macro functions through Razer Synapse 3
- Drag-Free Cord for Wireless-Like Performance: Razer Speedflex cables eliminate the need for mouse bungees, drastically reducing weight and drag for absolute control
With an astounding optical sensor, ergonomic design, strong mechanical switches, and seven programmable buttons, the Razer DeathAdder is the primary choice in the esports scene. Strong, tactile, and sleek, this gaming mouse is a must-have for precision-aiming. The customizable buttons help a lot too.
- 16,000 DPI 5G optical sensor
- Ergonomic textured rubber grips
- Chroma lighting with 16,800,000 colors
- Mouse wheel squeaks after months
- Slightly too sensitive thumb buttons
- LMB tends to double-click randomly
Razer DeathAdder Elite is one of the brand’s flagship gaming mice in the market. It’s not the most expensive gaming mouse out there but it sure feels luxurious when you use it.
Above all else, you will love its top-notch ergonomics: the shape is suitable for any hand size, the textured rubber grips on the side results in more precise aiming and the 5G optical sensor does its job well in delivering great speeds without the worries of input lag.
The 7 customizable buttons are also convenient; letting you do quick actions that make melee combat and call-outs feel more convenient.
However, while the mechanical switches extend up to 50 million clicks, there is an odd issue with the left mouse button; randomly double-clicks when you left-click once especially after months of usage. This has been a known issue with the DeathAdder for quite some time but Razer assures to fix it soon.
So, why do we pick this as the best mouse for Overwatch? Simple: it’s a great all-around gaming mouse for a reasonable price. You won’t find any better mouse within the $45-$60 range. And if your purpose is accurate shooting – which is essential for Hanzo, Ashe, Genji, McCree, and Widowmaker – or to use the custom side buttons for convenience, this is a must-buy.
Best Budget Overwatch Mouse:
BenQ Zowie FK1
- 3310 optical sensor with 400/800/1600/3200 DPI to give you a unique tracking experience.
- Ambidextrous design with multiple shapes and sizes to maximize performance and provide a comfortable gaming experience for competitive esports players
- Consistent tactile feedback to avoid double switch presses, ensuring efficient functionality, and sleek design
- Adjustable report rate 125/500/1000Hz for different levels of responsiveness
- Plug and Play (No drivers required)
Ambidextrous, and affordable, the Zowie FK1 is a budget gaming mouse that contrastingly feels very professional to the touch. The overall specs of the Zowie FK1 were based on pro players’ mouse settings such as Miro, Taimou, and ShadowBurn during the Overwatch World Cup in 2016.
- Quite affordable for its specs
- Ambidextrous design for all players
- Up to 3100 DPI
- High click latency
- Wheel scrolling feels rough
- Frequent accidental side button clicking
The Zowie FK1 is a rather discrete gaming mouse that’s all about substance over style. From an initial perspective, it looks plain; it does not have RGB colors or multiple fancy customizable buttons, and no drivers. But, what it lacks in design makes up for performance. The Zowie series was intentionally made for FPS games and the FK1 was based on pro player preferences from Overwatch and CSGO.
The 3100 DPI optical sensor ensures minimal input lag for better responsiveness in the match. However, the mouse wheel feels a bit rugged – which makes it a nuisance for players that prefer smooth scrolling. And then, there are the side buttons present on both ends of the body. While we do appreciate its approach to welcome both left and right-handed players, you’ll need some getting used to with the side buttons.
But overall, it’s very good at a competitive price.
Best Wireless Overwatch Mouse:
- Worlds NO.1 Best Selling Wireless Gaming Gear Brand - Based on independent aggregated sales data (FEB ‘19 - FEB’20) of Wireless Gaming Keyboard, Mice, & PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, ID, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- Power play wireless charging: never worry about your battery life again. Add the power play wireless charging system to keep G903 and other compatible g mice charged while at rest and at play. Powerplay wireless charging system sold separately
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400+ ips, and 100 - 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
- Light speed wireless: pro-grade 1 ms report rate, no cable drag, no compromises on weight or battery life; eSports professionals depend on lightspeed’s responsiveness and reliable Connectivity
- 140 Hour lipo battery: super-efficient system design results in almost 6x the battery life of previous Gen; lasts for up to 140 hours with light Sync RGB lighting, and up to 180 hours without
Ask any expert what the best wireless mouse is and a lot of them will say it’s the Logitech G903. Gone are the days of input lag due to wireless connection thanks to this beast. Logitech always made great gaming mice but the G903 blew everything out of the water.
- Great software configuration
- Amazing DPI range
- Usable while charging
- Odd disconnections at 500ms
- Double-clicking issues with the LMB
- Scrolling sounds loud
Rechargeable wireless mice have the habit of lagging when it is low on battery. But as for the Logitech G903, usage still feels tact-on up to the last minute. Additionally, it is the only wireless mouse with POWERPLAY technology – letting you use the mouse even when it is charging – which makes it very convenient to use at any time.
But if you prefer wired, worry not; this mouse comes along with a connection too. The weight feels light in an adequate way – not too heavy like the Zowie FK1+ but not too featherweight like a regular mouse.
While it does have some small mishaps such as weird random disconnections when you set the DPI to 500ms and a loud mouse wheel, it surpasses most gaming mice with its precise aiming and quick response times. This wireless mouse puts the wired ones to shame.
Best Wired Mouse for Overwatch:
Logitech G Pro
- Prodigy Series Logitech G mouse for advanced gaming grade performance up-to 8 times faster response than standard mice so every mouse click and move is near instantaneous from hand to screen
- Advanced button tensioning reduces the force needed to click the left and right buttons and delivers exceptional click feel, response and consistency. Max. acceleration >25 G. Max. speed >200 IPS
- Classic design inspired by the Logitech G100S mouse, a favorite of gamers and eSports pros worldwide, re- engineered and optimized for gaming and everyday versatility, durability and comfort
- Cutting edge 6000 dpi sensor gives you incredible accuracy, tracking speed, consistency and control no matter your style of game-play; System Requirements Windows 7 or later ,macOS 10.11 or later , Chrome OSTM ,USB port
- The product of over thirty years of Logitech industry leading advances in gaming technology to help you play to your full potential
A streamlined design, the Logitech G Pro is a choice for FPS veterans. Its lightweight design and good DPI range make this a must-have for shooter games – especially Overwatch. It also has a built-in HERO sensor – an exclusive technology that can run from 100 to 16,000 DPI resolution.
- Over 16.8M RGB colors
- Advanced PMW3366 optical sensor
- No additional buttons
- too small for large hands
- Looks too old-school
Rivaling the Razer DeathAdder Elite is the Logitech G Pro. It’s made for FPS games which makes this a solid choice for a lot of professional players in various leagues. Primarily, its astonishing HERO sensor lets you adjust the sensitivity from 100 to 16,000 – which makes it ideal to suit specific heroes in Overwatch. Combine this with its lightweight design and you get quick targeting and great tracking accuracy.
However, if you’re highly dependent on thumb buttons, this might disappoint you: it only includes two side buttons on the left and right regions of the mouse. For the player with a large hand, this might let you down too due to its small design; unless you’re used to a small mouse.
Were it not for the missing additional buttons, this should have been our best overall gaming mouse compared to the Razer DeathAdder. But nevertheless, it’s still a powerful gaming mouse for a class-based shooter.
Best Budget Wireless Mouse for Overwatch:
Logitech G Pro Wireless
- Made with and for Pro Gamers: G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse is the result of two years of work with professional esports gamers, combing advanced technologies in an ultra-lightweight design
- Light-speed Wireless: Pro grade performance overcomes the traditional limitations of wireless latency, connectivity and power to deliver a rock solid, super-fast 1 millisecond report rate connection
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Logitech's most accurate sensor yet with up to 25,600 DPI and 10X the power efficiency of previous generation for the ultimate in wireless gaming speed, accuracy and responsiveness. Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM
- Ultra-lightweight: Innovative endoskeleton design creates a super-thin yet incredibly strong outer shell, enabling the body to weigh in at a remarkably light and maneuverable 80 grams.
- Ergonomic ambidextrous design: Tournament ready mouse developed with Esports pros for maximum comfort, control and 50 million click durability. Four removable side buttons for supreme customization. Cable length: 1.80 meters
You’d be surprised to know that this is the cheapest wireless gaming mouse available today – and a good one for its price. It uses the same technology as its wired counterpart: includes a built-in HERO sensor, lightweight ambidextrous design, and zero latency.
- Same specs from its wired version
- Ambidextrous and lightweight
- Minimal clicking and scrolling sounds
- Charging takes long
- Issues on full-charging
- Too small for large hands
Whatever good things you read about the wired G Pro carry onto the wireless version: the HERO sensor with highly adjustable DPI, the light design, the ergonomic and ambidextrous handling, and wonderful RGB lighting colors. If you thought the price was expensive, it’s cheaper than its competition – and that makes this a solid choice for a budget wireless gaming mouse.
However, besides its smallness that makes it hard for large-handed players, the main problem rests on its charging. Customers commonly complain about its long recharge time as well as a defunct where the battery doesn’t reach up to 100%. But if you have the patience to wait, this shouldn’t be too much of a hindrance for you. After all, the battery lasts long up to 24 hours.
It’s no G903 but it gets the job done. If you hate wires and you need a wireless gaming mouse on the fly, you got to have this.
What Would We Buy?
Any of the mice reviewed we consider excellent choice, but if we had to pick the best Overwatch mouse for Casual and Competitive modes, see below.
Ultimately, it all comes down to preference but if want an all-purpose mouse that makes playing Overwatch easier yet more competitive, the Razer DeathAdder Elite is the best choice. It has good weight, a very ergonomic touch, soft clicking sounds, and easy configuration software. Whether you’re a DPS main who plans on carrying each game or a flanker that wants to sabotage enemy defensive positions quickly, the Razer DeathAdder will make your life easier.
The mouse was intentionally built for Overwatch so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t get it – especially considering its affordability as a gaming mouse. Whether you’re a pro player or not, this needs to be at the top of your list.